Full Time or Part Time Bookkeeper in Practice
Supporting the senior accountants and based within the home office of this Altrincham practice with potential for working from home on occasion, the bookkeeper will be responsible for assisting the team in a variety of tasks.
This role would suit a highly organised team player looking to work for 25 – 37.5 hours a week.
Days and hours can be accommodated for the right candidate and discussed at interview to suit both parties.
Duties/Areas of Responsibility – The position will cover:
- Filing duties and sending Registered Office post
- Basic company secretarial work
- Preparing Monthly and Weekly payroll runs
- Calculation of holiday pay and adjustments to salaries
- Preparing Monthly CIS returns
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns for clients
- Bank reconciliation
- Bookkeeping for Clients from incomplete records to trial balance
- Answering Clients’ emails and calls; and resolving queries where possible
- Chasing Debtors
- Keeping abreast of developments in regulations and suggest changes to ensure compliance
Essential knowledge, skills, and experience
- Will consider candidates who are qualified by experience or have successfully completed AAT Level 3
- Ability to work on own initiative without detailed direction within a small team
- Demonstrates a logical and methodical approach with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Will take pride in their work and concern themselves in getting it right first time
- Have the ability to multitask and work in a challenging yet supportive environment
- Preference for candidates with experience of Xero, QuickBooks and BrightPay
- Excellent computer skills including excel and word
- Confident in picking up the phone and talking to Clients and HMRC where necessary
- Understanding of VAT and Payroll sufficient to explain matters to clients in plain English
If you have all the skills and experience listed above and are looking for a new challenge with a friendly bunch of team members, we would LOVE to hear from you so please apply TODAY
Please contact Sid at Moore Accountancy via email@example.com with your CV, covering letter, notice period, desired hours and expected salary. Please ensure you put the job title in your email description.
No Agencies Please.
Moore Accountancy is an equal opportunities employer.