We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
Part Time Accounts Assistant in Practice
Reporting to the senior accountants and based within the home office of this Altrincham practice with potential for working from home on occasion, the accountant will be responsible for supporting the team in a variety of tasks.
This role would suit a highly organised but flexible worker looking to work for approximately 20 hours a week. Days and hours can be accommodated for the right candidate and discussed at interview to suit both parties.
Duties/Areas of Responsibility – The position will cover:
Accounting and Tax
- Preparation and completion of Clients’ sole trader and limited company accounts and working papers (including year-end adjustments) to review level
- Preparation and submission of corporation tax schedules
- Preparation and submission of self-assessment and partnership tax returns
- Preparation of landlord income and expenditure accounts
- Answering Clients’ emails and calls and resolving queries where possible
- Bookkeeping for Clients from incomplete records to trial balance
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations and year-end adjustments
- Keeping abreast of developments in regulations and suggest changes to ensure compliance
Essential knowledge, skills, and experience
- Will consider candidates who are qualified by experience, AAT, ACA or ACCA qualified
- Ability to work on own initiative without detailed direction within a small team
- Demonstrates a logical and methodical approach with high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Will take pride in their work and concern themselves in getting it right first time
- Preference for candidates with experience of small business and individual accounts (SA returns and CT returns)
- Excellent computer skills including excel
- Ideally experience in using small business accounting software such as Xero and QuickBooks.
- Confident in picking up the phone and talking to Clients and HMRC where necessary
Please contact Sid at Moore Accountancy via firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, covering letter, notice period, desired hours and expected hourly rate. Please ensure you put the job title in your email description.
No Agencies Please.
Moore Accountancy is an equal opportunities employer.