Apprentice Accountant in Practice
This role is to help with clients accounting but to also help with the general running of the small company. The day-to-day activities will be varied and focus on both the finance administration of the company and working with client records.
Part of a small team and based within the home office of this Altrincham practice, the Apprentice will be responsible for supporting the Practitioner in a variety of tasks.
Programme Duration: 12 – 18 months
Duties/Areas of Responsibility:
The role includes:
- Filing duties
- Basic company secretarial work
- Monthly payroll
- VAT returns for clients
- Bank reconciliations
- Computerised accounting (over a number of platforms)
- Data entry
- Creating sales invoices in word and Xero
- Chasing debtors
- Basic business/office admin tasks (including opening post, scanning, telephone answering)
- Client assistance (including on-site support if required)
- Maintaining business database and CRM
- Setting up new clients and all related internal procedures
- Reviewing internal systems and updating technical notes
- Any other related ad hoc tasks may be required
As experience and knowledge improves the role will develop into the preparation of accounts and tax for sole traders and individuals.
Note that we are a small home based office and everyone does their turn of answering phone calls, filing, etc. As such the job will vary weekly but encompass all of the above.
Personal qualities and skills required:
- Punctual, reliable, honest and hard-working
- Ability to work closely with other team members but also to work under own initiative at times
- Smart, personable and polite as client service is essential (communicating with them in person, by telephone and by email)
- Willing to apply themselves and learn
- Organised with an ability to work well under pressure, prioritise and take instructions
- Enthusiastic, friendly and helpful
- Good understanding of confidentiality
- In addition to the above, you will need to be a quick learner, have high attention to detail and be proactive with your daily tasks
- Also, you will need to have a genuine passion to work within an accountancy role
- Computer literate (good working knowledge of Microsoft Office incl. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Basic understanding of double entry bookkeeping, T accounts and trial balance
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- 5 GCSEs minimum grade C or above including at least a B in Maths and English.
- AAT Level 2 or a relevant qualification is desirable
Please contact Sid via firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and we can direct you to the correct external agency monitoring the recruitment.
Moore Accountancy is an equal opportunities employer.